Happiness in the workplace is infectious
Staff support is important in business as
Happiness in the workplace is infectious and with the right staff support strategies, performance measures communication channels and policies in place your business too can have a happy and effective team.
To explore this further take a few minutes to consider each of the points below selected from The Business Group Human Resources Warrant of Fitness. Tick those points that happen in your business on a regular basis.
- Staff outcomes and minimum performance levels are written and accepted.
- The culture and values of the company are clearly defined, written and understood by all staff.
- Clear reporting lines are in place and are known by all staff
- The team meets on a regular basis to a planned and agenda prepared meeting.
- Team members are managed daily or weekly on results, and achievement is recognised.
- Open communication within the team is encouraged to ensure maximisation of results for customers.
- A planned staff training programme has been developed alongside our induction plan.
- The induction manual provides a framework for the orientation of new employees to help them better understand the company ’s expectations, operations and structure.
- Customer quality and service standards are written and are known and understood by all staff members.
- Regular meetings are held with each staff member to conduct performance reviews.
Policyis in place for non-performance and staff are aware of this.
- Any problems that occur are handled immediately and the source is eliminated. The business strives to be a “problem free zone”.
- KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) are in place for all staff outcomes to ensure staff support.
- Appropriate staff training is regularly offered and encouraged.
- The potential for conflict is minimised through a sound Policy and Procedure Manual and a strong team environment.
“The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.”
Peter F. Drucker, Author and Management Expert
How did your business score out of 15 for Staff Support? Need help and guidance to ensure your business practices translate into staff support? Call us today for a free one-hour consultation